20 October 2008

Mount Malarayat Golf & Country Club

On October 19, Bobby was the guest speaker during the worship service at UCCP-Lipa. After the service and the short organizational prayer meetings which followed, Doren brought us to the Mount Malarayat Golf and Country Club. We ate grilled bangus belly and pinakbet with matching mango cheesecake, pudding and mango shakes. I'm not a golf player nor an avid fan but I got to appreciate the greens of the 27-hole golf course. Doren toured us around the area in her service golf cart. No sweat! And it felt like we were pros though I was not appropriately dressed. I tried to have my picture taken near a hole but my heels prevented me from going any further. I just "aerated" the well-manicured ground. We also passed by the big residential houses which I thought were only utilized when the owners come to play golf. We also witnessed the irrigation of a portion by sprinklers. I wonder how many deals were made by our politicians while playing golf. Hmmmmm...