14 July 2008

White Plains, New York

I was back in New York in February 2007. For the past two visits, I left during the summer break in the Philippines. This time, I had to leave early to look after my nephew (Brandon, 6 years old) and niece (Hailee, 2 years old). Their parents were on a 12-hour work shift in the hospitals about three times a week so it was difficult to look for somebody who would fit that schedule during that time. I remember the few days before my flight to NY. I had to attend a regional convention and a few meetings. To top it all off, our choir had a concert in our church on the evening of February 25 and I had to leave for the airport at 4 am the following day. 

So hectic! There was still snow when I came. In fact, there had been a snowstorm in March. Brandon, Hailee, and I had fun strolling outside in all our winter attire. Brandon played snowballs and I volunteered to shovel the snow from my sister's and brother-in-law's cars parked on the street. A different kind of experience.