We came again, Camiguin!
I set foot on the second smallest island province in the Philippines 26 years ago. We were supposed to go there in December 2018 but had to cancel to escape the approaching storm that would hit the area and we started our long drive back to Cavite via the eastern nautical highway. So this is my second time.
There were improvements in the previous tourist destinations we visited. Back then we viewed the White Island from the mainland. This time, we left the hotel at 5 a.m., rode by multi-cab to the take-off point, took the 15-minute boat ride, walked on the white sands, waded through the crystal waters (I decided to swim on the next island), and watched the sunrise. I'm sure our group enjoyed the photo sessions on the island.
Next was the Mantigue Island. Unlike the White Island, the place has vegetation, basic toilet facilities, and tables and chairs. However, it was past 10 a.m. when we reached the island, and the weather was too hot for me to swim. Overnight stay is not allowed. Good thing the visitors are asked to bring all trash back to the mainland so the place is always maintained.
I might not have fully enjoyed the experience because I failed to swim in the waters of these two beautiful islands, but I truly appreciated their beauty and uniqueness. Thank God for His awesome creations!

