Today is my 45th spiritual birthday. As the Papuri song goes, "Nasa'n kaya ako Hesus kung wala ka, Di ko na malaman kung sa'n ako pupunta..."
As a kid, I believed I had to be good and do good deeds to go to heaven. As stated in my testimony when I was born again, Ephesians 2:8-9 changed my perspective and personal conviction.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." Being good and doing good deeds will not save me. I was saved by the grace of God, through my faith in Him.
Through these years, I had ups and downs. I had sinned and been disobedient many times but God is faithful. He is a promise keeper. He is true to His words despite my unfaithfulness to Him.
My life's purpose is to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. I will continue to serve Him as my personal Savior and Lord. 🙏
"Thank You, Lord, for saving my soul,
Thank You, Lord, for making me whole,
Thank You, Lord, for giving to me,
Thy great salvation so rich and free."