31 December 2022

Thankful for 2022

As I bid goodbye to 2022, I'm deeply grateful to God for His blessings. Let me count my blessings and name them one by one:

- I survived Covid-19 for the second time even when I was already undergoing hemodialysis.

- I was able to avail of special dialysis in the same center I go to for regular treatment because of my COVID-19 disease.

- Bobby and Cyd manifested symptoms of the disease but theirs was a mild case and they recovered fast.

- I was able to join our high school batch reunion and as their speaker, I had the chance to share with them my faith journey and led them to accept the Lord as their personal Savior and Lord.

- Amyel was granted a teaching assistantship supporting one year of her Ph.D. study.

- Cyril finished his work contract and learned new knowledge and skills.

- Bobby and I retired from CvSU after 37 years and 35 years of service, respectively.

- Bobby and I had a reunion with family in Gingoog City.

- My donor and I started our workups at NKTI.

- The family continued to serve the Lord through the church in our respective ways.

- The Lord never failed to provide for our daily needs and we had been channels of His blessings to relatives and others.

- I am deeply touched by the concern of family, friends, and brethren who keep checking on me and praying for and with me.

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

Thank you, Lord! I need not fear what the future holds because You hold the future.