08 November 2014

An Encounter

The word encounter is defined as a verb "to have or experience (problems, difficulties, etc.): to meet (someone) without expecting or intending to." My attendance on the Encounter Weekend in Bailen last week was not an accident. The Lord led me, my husband, and my son, together with six other churchmates to this experience for a purpose.

Truly it was a retreat from the usual busyness and demands of work and other tasks. No cellphone, no internet, no computer, no other tasks except to praise, worship, and be blessed by the experience. I expected to encounter Jesus and I received His revelations. One, I was set free from things, feelings, and memories that kept on hurting me and hindering me from experiencing His great love and blessings. Two, I should go out of my comfort zone. It's not enough that I'm saved. I should keep the flame burning in my heart to reach out to others. Three, I was drawn closer to the Cross and His death for my sins.

The Encounter challenged me to focus on Jesus, learn more from Him through my personal devotion, use my talents, time, and treasure to serve Him, and never get tired of giving my best for His glory.

Freedom. Fire. Focus.