04 July 2012

Finished Business


Today I received a memo dated June 11, 2012, informing me that my designation as RMIS coordinator would end by June 30, 2012.  I knew it was coming soon but for the past few weeks, I was at a loss on what to do.  Should I continue to coordinate with the concerned people about our unfinished business? The memo finally ended my "business". Officially.

It has been 4 1/2 years since I accepted this post. It took a lot of convincing before I finally agreed. No regrets. During these 4 1/2 years, I got to meet and work with people from various member agencies of the consortium, trained people on ICT literacy and content build-up, interacted with the farmers and local folks, and traveled to places I had never been to before.

I will definitely miss my counterparts from other regions who made my work interesting, challenging, and fun.

This part of my journey just ended, but life goes on.