The following day after breakfast, we immediately hurried to the beach for the early morning swim. It was low tide but I was disappointed to see the shore lined with algae. Algal bloom? Nutrient enrichment of a water body? Where did the nutrients come from? Uh oh. We walked several meters to select a spot to dip and that was a quick one because the algae remained even as the tide began to rise. Enough for that.
Good thing we decided to hire a multi-cab to check out two of the most expensive resorts on the island as recently featured in "Ang Pinaka". I liked the contemporary structure of "DSB" and the serenity of the "Shang". And these are the places that I could not afford to stay in. At least, I was able to take a peek.
The last stop was at Mt. Luho which is the highest point on the island. The view deck is made of bamboo poles that could accommodate 20 pax at a time but it was so windy that time and our fear of height was truly aggravated. The sisters were "pegged" on the platform tightly holding to the railing and the youngest of us just kept on screaming every time the wind blew. Despite the fear, we truly admired the bird's eye view of the beautiful island of Boracay.
