18 August 2011

Lucban, Quezon


Lucban is famous for its Pahiyas Festival celebrated in May as a thanksgiving for a bountiful harvest. It is also known for its colorful kiping - the edible leaf-shaped wafers made of rice. This is August so I just had a souvenir photo shot near a Pahiyas decor at the venue of our symposium.

In addition to checking out some of the boutiques and buying the popular pasalubong Lucban longaniza in the town proper, our group visited the tourist destination Kamay ni Hesus. I had been to this place three or more times but it was the first time I saw "Noah's Ark" in the back part. Hmmm. I was told that the structure serves as the hotel/lodging area of the park. As usual, the main attraction is the uphill climb to the huge statue but my companions did not go up because of limited time.