To start with, I gathered all my old compilations of piano music sheets. They have been unused and collecting dust for quite a while since our small electronic keyboard began malfunctioning. I bought the keyboard almost 15 years ago in my desire to improve my skills and for my children to be interested in playing the piano. To some extent, it served the purpose until it became defective. Now it serves as a "patungan" for Amyel's stuff.
Recently, I've been collecting new pieces. It's what I look for everytime I go to the bookstores. This week I've started to surf the Net for free downloads. I'm so glad I came across PianistAko which is a blog about Original Pilipino Music (OPM). And do you know what's exciting? It offers free downloading of Ms. Heide Abot's piano music sheets. You can also avail of free piano lessons and video tutorials. Great, isn't it?
After I stopped my piano lessons in the third grade, I discovered the use of piano chords. Hmm, it's easier doing chords with my left hand and following notes with my right hand. It has been my technique since then which makes it hard now for me to read and play with my left.
At my age I wonder if it's too late for me to learn to play the piano the classic way. My interest and strong determination remain even though my aging fingers sometimes fail me.