03 January 2009
Getting Healthy in 2009
Health is wealth. It may be an old cliche but it's the truth.
As always, my new year's resolution is to be a better person. This year, it's going to be a healthier me!
My cardiologist emphasized to me that there are three important things in hypertension: diet, stress management, and exercise. I told him that I do good in diet and stress management. It's an exercise that's lacking.
So, Bobby and I started our 30-min brisk walking ritual every weekend morning starting November 2008. The CvSU athletic field is witness to people like us who have experienced the lung-filling and heart-pumping excitement of walking or jogging for good health. It makes me smile to see the Flanax boys (for they remind me of the TV commercial showing two brothers racing on their bikes), Lola (with or without her companion, and our scripted story about her), Pink Panther (the guy in pink running shoes), and the many others including the irregulars in their fashionable sportswear.
Go for good health!