04 May 2025

My Second Kidney Transplant Anniversary

Today is May 4th, popularly called Star Wars Day. May the force be with you. Cyd and I say, "May the 4th be with you." 

Two years ago, I underwent a kidney transplant. Praise God for the gift of life! Second anniversary? Wow! It seemed like it was just a few months back. How time flies. 

I am forever grateful to Cyd for being my donor. I honor my hero by keeping my promise to care for my new kidney. Because of his donation, I get to spend more time with my loved ones (no more dialysis), travel to new places, share my testimony to inform and inspire, pursue my interests and learn new things, serve the Lord the best I can, and so much more.

As I go on this journey, I will always be thankful to the wind beneath my wings: my family and loved ones, prayer warriors, healthcare team, and support groups. 

May I always give glory to God for making all these things possible. Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!