10 May 2015

A Mother's Heart

Today we celebrate Mother's Day and I can't help but remember my Nanay and the other moms who have significantly influenced me as a mother. Indeed, I'm blessed to be a mother of two God-fearing individuals. I'm not a perfect mom but I have a great God who is the source of my strength and wisdom. He has given me a supportive lifetime partner who keeps me grounded. Thank you, Lord.

Let me share the message of the choir's song this morning:

Before the light of dawn she will awaken,
And quietly begin her day in prayer.
And with these precious moments that she’s taken,
She intercedes for loved ones in her care.
With all her heart she longs to see her children
Walking in the Spirit of the Lord.
With gentleness and patience she will guide them,
Teaching them to trust His holy Word.

Her love extends beyond all time and measure,
Yet what we see is only just a part.
For children there can be no greater treasure
Than the tender love of a mother’s heart.
Clothed in strength and dignity,
She walks in righteousness.
She gives herself unselfishly,
Her children call her blessed.

Her love extends beyond all time and measure,
Yet what we see is only just a part.
For children there can be no greater treasure,
Than the tender love of a mother’s heart,
Than the tender love of a mother’s heart.

Happy Mother's Day!