When Lina asked me to visit a former co-worker who is now retired and recovering from an illness, I agreed at once to join her. For convenience, we just met up in a restaurant along Roxas Boulevard. We had a long chat over lunch as if we parted ways for a long time. Then, it's bye time.
After lunch, Lina and I walked to Rizal Park. When was the last I went to this park? I could no longer recall when. We looked for the Km 0 mark and took pictures even with the fast-moving traffic on the road nearby. It's from this point where distances to any other points in the country are referenced. Quite special, isn't it?
Then we proceeded to the terrain map. It's like having a tour around the Philippines. There's a bridge that will bring you close to all the islands of the archipelago. Amazing! The tour was cut short when it started to rain. Lina and I ran as fast as we could to the bus stop and caught the aircon bus bound for Trece Martires City. What a trip!
