06 May 2012

Benguet


From Sagada, we took the Halsema Highway and had a quick stop at the highest point in the Philippine Highway System which is 7,400 ft above mean sea level. I just wondered, "Where is the lowest point?"

It took almost six hours to reach the strawberry farms in La Trinidad, Benguet. At lunch, we did not order any drinks and just bought strawberry shakes from the stalls outside the restaurant selling fresh berries. Then, it was shopping time for walis tambo, woven rugs, strawberries, chop suey veggies, peanut brittle, and more pasalubong. Before leaving the place, I savored the strawberry-flavored sorbetes. One thing I missed was the strawberry-flavored taho. Hmmm, full of strawberries...

The next stop was at Burnham Park, Baguio City. I've been to the place several times but I appreciate the recent improvements done to the famous park. As usual, there were more tourists and our family went nowhere but just strolled in the park before our bus departed for Manila.