My Amnesia Girl. I almost forgot I had a copy of the DVD borrowed from my co-worker. Well, it's my favorite kind ... romantic comedy ... a feel-good movie. It's about a lady photographer falling in love with a very eligible bachelor who walked away on their wedding day. After a few years, they bump into each other, the girl pretending she doesn't know him because of her amnesia and the boy not revealing that he was once a part of her life. The boy tried to redeem himself and despite the heartaches, the girl fell in love again until the time came when they had to reveal their secrets. The boy was badly hurt upon knowing the truth and later met a vehicular accident which led to his amnesia. It was the girl's turn to make amends and love finally found its way.
Three Idiots. Another co-worker highly recommended this Indian movie which I copied into my netbook. My children said they already watched it, so it was me and my partner again.
I was glued to my seat from start to finish. I didn't realize it took three hours. There was no dragging moment except for the sing and dance scenes just like in Slumdog Millionaire. The movie sends powerful messages. First is friendship. It's about valuing friends, keeping promises, and building one another's self-esteem. A true friend will always be there for you no matter what. Friends are always treasured. The second is education. It tells how every Indian family values education to the extent of sacrificing everything just to send their loved one to pursue higher education, especially engineering education. It's also about teaching not for the students to simply pass the course but to gain knowledge and values and acquire lifelong skills. India is the second most populous country and I can only imagine the highly competitive world for its students and graduates. The third is working hard to pursue your aspirations. A task including studying is made easy if our heart is into it. "All is well."
Life is like a movie. We laugh, we cry and most of all, we learn.