04 April 2010

Holy Week

Each year, the observance of the Holy Week is becoming more and more different. Well, there's still the usual pabasa but it was not well attended as before. Some people still do their penitent acts. In the past, there were no programs to watch on TV except for a few films like the Ten Commandments and some other Bible-based movies. This time, the giant networks aired news programs and relatively newer films. Stores and malls were usually closed. This year, mall hours were just shortened. People still trooped to bus terminals and airports to go to the provinces but it was also noted that Boracay and other famous summer destinations were also full and alive. Our family just stayed home and participated in the Lenten activities of our church. For the first time, I talked about the fifth last word of Jesus Christ based on John 19:28, "I thirst", during the Good Friday worship service. Like in the past years, we participated in the Joint Sunrise Service of our Cluster at UCCP-Ibayo, Naic, Cavite. After the service, we proceeded to our church for our own worship service in celebration of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. And life is worth the living just because He lives.