Who wouldn't be happy to see the first fruits of his labor? These are the first blooms of my organically grown cattleyas. I remember last year while we were in Tanauan to visit my niece, we had to go to the city proper to look for an internet shop because my sister was waiting to chat with me. Afterwhich, there was this sidewalk vendor with all his orchids. Bobby took all the cattleya plantlets at a bargain price. I think there was a dozen of them. All I did was to pot and place them together with my dendrobiums and dancing ladies and water the orchids whenever I had the time. And that's it! Two of the cattleyas started to show their violet blooms. Except for the yellow flowers of the dancing ladies, the rest had different shades of violet blooms. :)
11 December 2008
First Blooms
Who wouldn't be happy to see the first fruits of his labor? These are the first blooms of my organically grown cattleyas. I remember last year while we were in Tanauan to visit my niece, we had to go to the city proper to look for an internet shop because my sister was waiting to chat with me. Afterwhich, there was this sidewalk vendor with all his orchids. Bobby took all the cattleya plantlets at a bargain price. I think there was a dozen of them. All I did was to pot and place them together with my dendrobiums and dancing ladies and water the orchids whenever I had the time. And that's it! Two of the cattleyas started to show their violet blooms. Except for the yellow flowers of the dancing ladies, the rest had different shades of violet blooms. :)