26 May 2008

Niagara Falls

"The most beautiful spot I have ever seen", wrote my sister in a postcard sent to us during her first year in the US.

I could only agree with my sister when I saw Niagara Falls. With more than 4 million cubic feet of water falling over the crest every minute, who wouldn't find it awesome?

The massive waterfalls lie between the border of Ontario, Canada, and New York, USA. I had a picture taken near the falls where I was just a bridge away from Canada. Sorry, no visa. They say the Canadian view is much better than the US side.

The most exhilarating experience was the Lady of the Mist boat ride around the area where the water falls. We were all garbed in raincoats because of the mist. As my face got wet with mist and tears, I thanked the Lord for his wonderful creation.